We love to help out other podcasters, as you can see from our creation of Scoring Magic! To get you started, we’ve gathered up some helpful lists and documents to help you out with creating and marketing your podcast.
But sometimes, what you really need is hands-on, customized help for your podcast and your team. That’s where Hug House’s consultations come in. Think of us as your one-stop shop for everything related to getting your podcast in shape, whether you need help with marketing, writing, casting, PR, or even just figuring out if your idea would be a good fit for a podcast.
You can find information on our consultations, including pricing breakdown and what a consultation might entail, by following the link below:
Podcast industry news
In order to stay up to date with the podcasting industry, you should subscribe to the following newsletters:
- Wil Williams Reviews / Podcast Problems: Alright, this one is a give-in because it’s curated by our own Wil Williams, but I would be remiss to not include it! Also, consider subscribing to their blog and not the just newsletter to see their “This Week In Podcasts” articles every Monday about the shows they’ve listened to in the past week and any currently running funding campaigns.
- Audio Dramatic: For audio fiction-specific news, you can subscibe to Audio Dramatic (created by our own Elena Fernández Collins, playing Soledad Marquez in VALENCE!). Issues of Audio Dramatic come out every other week and cover topics and musings on the audio fiction community.
- Podnews: This one is one of our favorites because it’s a concise daily briefing on what’s happened overnight in the industry. A must-have to keep yourself up to date in only a few minutes each morning.
- Inside Podcasting: Curated by the lovely Skye Pillsbury, Inside Podcasting will give you a more detailed look into what’s going on in the industry. If you’re interested, you can also subscribe to their podcast, also called Inside Podcasting on your podcatcher of choice.
- PodMov Daily: PodMov Daily is run by podcast conference Podcast Movement. Every weekday they send out a newletter with trending topics in the community.
Press Release Contact List
If you’re looking to launch a new show, you can send your Press Kit and Press Release to these contacts. (And for advice on how to create one of those, you can check out this article by Elena Fernández Collins, which features a blurb from our Press Release for Scoring Magic!)
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION
This page was curated by Anne Baird. If you have any suggestions of resources we should add to this page or any questions about the content included, please reach out at email@example.com or via the contact page on our website.